Picking Up Where I Left

WOAH~. Look at all these spiderweb in my blog! *removes spiderweb from all over the blog with a broom* Now, that’s better! *clears throat* Hey there everyone! ^^v After months or perhaps a couple of years? I’m here to post something again! YAY! Hahahaha. Alright then, first thing I’d like to do is just to update you guys (if anyone cares at all, hahaha) what I’ve been up to. So yeah. Haha. 

I remember posting about AS examination back when I was doing my A-Levels, but never did talk about my A2. Well, to be honest, my A-Levels SUCKED. Really, no joke. It sucked so bad to the point that it looked as if I did not study AT ALL. Seriously! I was like: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?! Overall, I got CCE. There I said it. I got Cs for my Biology and Chemistry and a barely passing grade for my Mathematics! I was hella shocked when I saw my results, although deep inside I know it’s bound to be somewhere around there. Didn’t expect an E though. Of course, with a terrible result, I cannot get into medicine. So, I decided to have another go for A-Levels. My dad even paid for the exam to be honest. After a few months of working my butt off, suddenly my mom decided to send me to Penang with my sister to do Pre-Medicine at Allianze University College of Medical Sciences (AUCMS). I almost got a heart attack. Back then, I thought: THEN WHY THE HELL WAS I STUDYING LIKE CRAZY FOR A-LEVELS IF I WAS GONNA BE SENT ELSEWHERE TO DO PRE-MED?!

In all honesty, my future to study abroad seemed bleak. I didn’t know what to do besides just going with what my mom have decided out of the blue. So, I went there and only managed to complete 1.5 semesters there. NO, I did not quit the course. I had to be transferred along with other AUCMS students to different colleges. Why you asked? Coz the college went bankrupt, so they had to close down and move their students to other colleges. I didn’t know where to go. All I thought about was I want to finish up my pre-med and study abroad. I want to fulfill my childhood dream! In the end, after thinking thoroughly, I decided to be transferred to either Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences (CUCMS) or at Melaka-Manipal Medical College (MMMC). Yet again, my mom decided to send me and my sister elsewhere. My dad agreed to it as well since it was an Islamic college. They got us transferred to Kolej University Insaniah (KUIN). Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against Islamic colleges. The reason my sister and I did not want to go to KUIN was because of the syllabus. We were studying pre-med to get into Medicine, but KUIN doesn’t have pre-med, they only have Foundation in Science. Which means that the syllabus will be totally different from pre-med and we had to learn physics for three semesters. 

We went there anyway. I had to drive to campus, so my parents got me a car. I dread driving, but since I’m studying in KUIN from that day onwards, I didn’t have a choice. My dad stayed for about a month with us to teach me how to drive again. I knew how to drive, it’s just that I’m TERRIBLE at it. I got into a few minor accidents too. I was constantly in fear of hitting other vehicles. I was horrible at parking the car as well, so I tend to park the car where people barely parked theirs so that I have more space for my car. Since the faculties that was in the same building as faculty of Foundation in Science do not have any disabled staff and students, I would sometimes park at the spot for disabled people. I know, I’m such a bad person, but it was all I could do at the time. I can’t let my dad stay longer than he had to in Kedah to teach me how to drive. I needed a solution to my problem and that was one of it. 

After a few weeks in KUIN, my sister and I were informed that we had to do an extra semester, that is the fourth semester to study for Physics 1, Bahasa Arab 3 and Study Skills. I was kinda enraged when I was told this. WHY HADN’T THEY INFORMED SOONER? WHY DO I HAVE TO SPEND A WHOLE SEMESTER FOR THREE FREAKING SUBJECTS THAT I DON’T EVEN NEED TO GET INTO MEDICINE? We told our mom about it, but all she said was “baguslah tue”. God, the frustration was killing me. Nevertheless, my sister and I swallowed the bitter pill and just continued on with our lives. There was nothing we could do about it anyway. 

After months of studying and struggling to get good pointers, alhamdulillah, praise be to God, I got a CGPA that can qualify me into medicine. I forgot how much I got to be honest, but if memory serves me right, it was over 3.60. Anyway, during the exams for the fourth semester, my dream of studying in the UK was crushed into a million pieces. Malaysian currency was so bad then and we couldn’t secure a scholarship was one of the factors. The other factor was due to the fact that KUIN’s Foundation in Science programme was not recognised overseas. My heart was crushed once again. I knew it would come to that, but never said a word about it. But, God was fair. To soothe my aching heart, He still sent me overseas. I didn’t want to study medicine in that particular country, but my mom had already decided to send us there. Yet again, I am sent to a place that I never agreed on. 

When I was having my fourth semester finals, the week was HECTIC. My sister and I had to clean up, study like crazy and prepare the documents to apply to MMMC. I was the one who had to do almost everything regarding the documents. To be honest, it was the very reason I couldn’t perform well for my Physics 1. If it weren’t because of the extra credit work that our Physics 1 lecturer gave us, I would have failed. I strongly believed in this. It was also in this busy week, my sister and I was interviewed via Skype by the Registrar (if I’m not mistaken) and by the Dean of Medicine of MMMC. The words that motivated me after the interview was: It’s still early, but WELCOME TO MANIPAL. I felt like crying. I thought: FINALLY A SILVER LINING AFTER ALL THIS FRUSTRATION AND STRESS. We thanked them profusely of course. We were still students of KUIN, but were already welcomed to MMMC to do Medicine. Who wouldn’t be happy?

So yeah. Bet you figured it out by now. I am currently a student of MMMC. I am studying Medicine just as I wanted to in India. Although India was not my first choice, but I have come to accept that this is the journey I will tread upon. My life here is not as bad since MMMC is in Manipal, a university town. I have learned a lot from this little town called Manipal. It has taught me that, I am not just fortunate. I am actually RICH of God’s gifts. May talk more about this in future post. Will see how it goes, hehe. 

Anyway, this is Erna signing out! Tut... Tut... 
  

Comments