Where we are now...

Okay, maybe the title doesn't really suit this entry, but what the heck. Hehe. ^^ Anyway~, I actually was kinda drained out of ideas for short entries. So, yeah. I didn't post anything for a long time. I can actually see some dust here and there. And oooo~~~... SPIDER WEBS! Ngehehe. XD Okay, okay, sorry. I was joking. Back to the main point of this entry. "Where we are now" in the title of this post and you might think that I'm going to talk about the college I'm in and what I'm doing there and such, but NO. I'm not gonna talk about that. What I mean here is that, I'm going to talk about the environment or nature or just Earth. Hehe.

Okay then, WHY do I want to write about the Earth all of a sudden? Well, this VERY SHORT story goes like this: When I logged on Facebook, I noticed that I have some notifications. One of it was about MAX LIM SING CHEE who posted something in our class group called S1B INSTITUT SINARAN 2012. Just so you know, the group's name is in capital letters, so yeah. I wasn't trying to emphasise on anything there. Anyway~, after that I went to check out what he posted. Maybe it's about something important about the group or maybe a VERY important announcement to remind people of something. But it turned out that he was just actually asking for help. He asked if we could "Like" his two photos that got into the final round of Institut Sinaran Photography Competition 2012 in conjunction to Environmental Day 2012. Oh, before I continue on, check out this link to see the other contestants pictures coz I only downloaded Max's XD: http://www.facebook.com/InstitutSinaranPhotographyCompetition2012

TWO of his photos got into the finals. I repeat, TWO of his photos got into the finals! Hehe. You'll know that if you checked out the link from earlier. ;) Anyway, his photos were AWESOME! I was inspired to write about nature because of his photos. Here's two of his photos that got into the finals WITH the caption of the photos:




"THE ONLY LAST TREE" by Lim Sing Chee

Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven. when we use the tree respectfully and economically, we have one of the greatest resources of the earth.



 

"FLAGS OF NATURE" by Lim Sing Chee

Tree is a value that spans generations, we must protect the forests for our children, grandchildren and those who can't speak for themselves such as the animals and the trees.



So yeah, there you have it. Okay! Enough about my source of inspiration for this post. NOW, I'm gonna talk about what I'm inspired to post about. First off, do any of you realize that in this modern era, the areas of forests and green fields are depleting, as in getting smaller and smaller? Of course you do, right? Whenever we take a look around, we'll only see buildings, concrete, roads, bridges, apartments and shopping complexes! Well, maybe when you're not in Sabah that is coz here in Sabah you can actually see quite a lot of green in certain areas. Anyhow, even if there are some trees and green in the city, most of the time you'll see them as some sort of decoration. You know what I mean, right? There are just there for the purpose of making either the side roads look nice or just the buildings look "green-friendly". You get what I mean, right?


I think everyone knows that the green plants, like the leaves of trees and the grass are the ones that give out oxygen and not air-conditioners that release chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) that depletes the ozone layer!

We should increase the number of trees instead of the number of air-conditioners!
We should preserve forest and green fields instead of demolishing them for self-gain!
We should reduce, reuse and recycle; NOT use, use more and throw!



Don't take things for granted. Cherish for what we have now! We are pretty lucky to be able to see tigers, pandas, leopards, jaguars, black panthers, exotic birds and sooo many more creatures that MIGHT be extict in the future due to our selfish acts. Remember, they live in the forest. Either in a cave surrounded by tall majestic trees or among the trees themselves. We are all connected in cycles. The oxygen cycle, the carbon dioxide cycle, the water cycle and the most popular, the cycle of life a.k.a the circle of life.

Actually, we're still surrounded by jungles. Jungles of concrete that is! Anyhow, whether we realize it or not, we have become selfish creatures of God who do not appreciate His gifts to us. This is the kind of world where we are now. We have forgotten the important things in life in order to satisfy our own selfish desires. Remember, there are consequences to each one of our acts. A simple example, if you were to  bad mouth  a friend who did nothing wrong to you just coz of some unproven rumours about him or her, that friend will lose his or her trust in you and might label you as an unreliable person as well as a back. As a consequence, should word spread that you are unreliable and a backstabbing friend, no one would want to be your friend. So, in the end you'll be lonely with no friends to rely on.

Wish I could say more, but my eyes are getting droopier by the minute! Haha! XD Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is that:


 
SAVE THE EARTH!

HEAL THE EARTH!

GO GREEN!!!!

Trust me, life is more fulfilling when we contribute something to protect something we all HAVE in common. That is, the Earth. :)  

This is Erna signing off! Tut... Tut.... Tut.....

Comments